Thursday, June 11, 2015

More AIR 15 Party!!! (Projects 42 to 45)

While the main AIR challenge week ended on Sunday, this week has been the hangover week.  So it is still not too late for you to pop over to Artsy Inkers and join the fun.

Only 5 more cards till I meet my 50 cards and can lift my craft shopping moratorium.

So I have several more projects that I finished for AIR to share.  For the first two projects, I did the paint it background again.  (See my last post for details on the technique).

For this one, I used brown cardstock for the base and stamped it with the flourish stamp by Inkadinkado and the sentiment stamp by Stampin Place. After the paint dried, I edged the piece with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo (maybe Tea Dye).

 

I die cut the tree twice so that I could pop up the leaves. I did that by putting a dot of glossy accent on each tree, letting that dry and then using another dot of glossy accents to attach the leaves. That was kinda a pain and I'm not sure you can really tell, but I didn't realize this until it was too late and I had to add all the leaves.
 

I started out coloring the leaves with DI in Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door and Mustard Seed, but the orange and yellow didn't really show up, so I went back over the leaves with Barn Door. The trunk is Rusty Hinge.
 
 

In this picture, you can see the popped up leaves.  You can also kinda see the sparkle on the tree.  That wasn't intentional.  I made several backgrounds for the paint it challenge using metallic paints.  And I cleaned my brush in my cup of water.  So I colored the trunk of the tree and decided I wanted to add more color.  I dip my brush in the cup of water and start coloring the trunk.  That's when I notice that the trunk was sparkly and a little blue.  I managed to get rid of the blue color but the sparkle wasn't going anywhere. 

 


 
The next one is another Christmas card.  I stamped the snowflakes on dark blue cardstock. The stamp is by Inkadinkado. And painted with silver metallic paint. The main image is by Stampendous. It was left over from one of the kit in the envelop swap. I colored it with metallic watercolors. The blue is not showing up very well in the photo. The ribbon on the ornament was the hanging loop in a dress that I cut out. The other ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.



I also made a second card for the clean and simple challenge. The image is a digi stamp by Tiddly Inks and colored with watercolor pencils. The sentiment is by Technique Tuesday.

Again, the paper looks textured but that is just a shadow from my screened in porch.



And I've got one last card for you.  I made it for the back to the beginning challenge.  For that challenge,  the host wanted us to go back to the days before there was all the fancy supplies for making cards on the market today.  We were not allowed to use dies, punches, stamps or inking.  Yikes.  Since I got my start crafting when I grandma put a small counted cross stitch kit in my Christmas stocking when I was in the fifth grade (29 years ago, where did the time go?), I decided to see if I had any spare Aida cloth, and I found a snippet of cloth. So I pulled out my DMC floss and stitched a little floral scene. I added a button from my stash of spare buttons that come with clothes to make the sun. The ribbon was from my cousin's bridal shower. It is a lovely deep purple satin. She got a ton of it because it came with all of the wrapped gifts she got from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  The photo does not do it justice.  It is absolutely lovely in person.



Since I used snippets for die cutting the tree and on the stitched piece, I'm going to pop over to the playground. Which, I was featured in last weeks picks and won one of the drawings.  I'm looking forward to getting my new stamps in the mail.

Pixies Snippets Playground Week 180

Thanks for stopping by and please come again. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Was so glad to see you won over at Di's snippets challenge. It is a fun place to hang out!

    Your cards look great. I didn''t manage to play along or get over the Artsy Inkers yet...me life is so crazy busy right now. It seems DH always has a huge list of projects on the go that somehow require my help!!! lol

    And camping season is hectic at the best. This year I am trying to colour up at the lake. So I have stamped off a ton of images to take up there...that way i just need my copics, blender fluid and maybe some watercoour pencils and pencil crayons and gamsol! One heck of a lot easier than trying to ensure that I have everything needed to actually make a card! teehee

    Your last card with the wee stitched garden is so very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah

    What lovely makes, and of course great use of snippets! Your prize was posted by Airmail off to you on Tuesday so should be with you shortly.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you have some gorgeous cards with some really interesting techniques. The leaves on #1's tree did catch the eye with the raised effect you tried. Hmm...never thought of that, but great idea. Loved the idea of the metallic paint, so will be checking your earlier post. Really like the Christmas card too. (great recycle on the dress bow!). Love the back to basics one best of all. I used to do embroidery, and the xstitch gave me another idea! (oh I get lots of ideas, but carrying them through, that's the thing!) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sarah, you have been busy! I am loving your tree card, that little bit of shimmer is perfect, love how you popped the leaves and yes, I can see the shadows telling me that they are popped up. Love the colors on your tree card, it's just beautiful! I think your ornament card is a stunner too, your stamped background looks great, I thought it was pattern paper. lol Nice job and I really love that ornament. Your flower card is a CAS delight!! Love how you added just a bit of color to the flower. But my number one favorite is the last one that you did using the cross stitch fabric. That scene is just beautiful. I love the sun, cute idea! You are to clever and each card is a delight to behold! Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete