Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Couple More AIR 15 Cards (Projects 46 & 47)


Even though AIR 15 if over, I’ve got a couple of more projects from AIR15 to share with you. 
The first card involves a z-fold.  Here is a link to the FarNorth’s blog posting with instructions on how to do a z-fold.  Here's a pic where you can see the z of the fold.
I decided that I wanted to create a scene that went across all three layers and I went with a beach scene.    Instead of cutting along the diagonal, I drew a line on both sides of the paper so I could use that as a guide for stamping.  Then I fussy cut the top part off so that instead of having a straight line.
 
The front panel is the ocean. I stamped the waves with Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I stamped the fish with Versafine.  I added the bubbles, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I inked around the fish with Distress Ink in Salty Ocean. I colored the fish with Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, and Dried Marigold.  I went back and stamped in some waves with Salty Ocean and the seahorse with Picked Raspberry.  The waves and fish with bubbles are by Studio G.  The other fish, bubbles and seahorse are by Fiskar.  I fussy cut along the top waves.
 
I did the same scene on the back, except I forgot to stamp the fish before adding the Salty Ocean background.

 

 
Center panel is the beach. I stamped the shells across the top with a variety of ColorBox pigment ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I inked the beach with Squeezed Lemonade and Antique Linen and then flecked Vintage Photo. I meant to stamp the shells on the body of the beach before coloring the beach but I forgot so I did it after and embossed them. I added a little bit of the ocean at the bottom.
I did the same scene on the back of the center panel.


Back panel is the sky. I stamped the birds and palm tree using Colorbox pigment ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I also stamped and embossed the waves. Then I inked the sky with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean, the sand and ocean the same as the other layers. I added a beachy sentiment. All the stamps are by Inkadinkado.
 
Here's a picture of it completely open.

 
And here's what it looks like closed.

 
This next card combines 3 of the challenges in this card.  The first is the paint background, which I described in previous posts.  The second was the digital stamp challenge.  The host’s husband converted a piece of his art into a digital stamp for us to use for the challenge.  Isn’t she lovely?  And the final was the mistakes challenge, which is going to take some explaining.  One of the members of Artsy Inkers hosts a Bingo challenge during every party.  Before the party starts, she posts a list 25 words.  If you want to play along, you pick a 10 of the words and message her your list.  Then each day of the party, she posts 3 of the words from the list of 25.  The first person to have all 10 of their words posts and post BINGO, wins.  This time around, she picked a list of common mistakes made in stamping.  So for her challenge, you had to incorporate at least 2 of the mistakes on the list into your project, but not cover them up.  Personally, I think this challenge was a bit of a jinx because I ended up making several mistakes on this project, none of them intentional.   


 
Here is the list of my mistakes:

Mistake 1 - technique gone wrong - I intended to print the digi stamp and cut it on a lace scallop rectangle with my silhouette. Well the cut file was for a frame and I forgot to remove the inner cut lines and ended up with a frame and the image on a plain rectangle.

 Mistake 2 - torn paper - the silhouette ripped one of the scallops, so I ripped a bunch more so that it looks like the scallops frayed in the wind blowing the girls hair.

 Mistake 3 & 4 - blurred images and partially stamped image - the stamping of the background did not go so well.

 
 Mistake 5 - warped card stock - the paint warped the card stock.
 
You can see the mistakes better in this closer cropped picture.
 
I colored the image with Copics (I forgot to write down which ones, but I think it was YG03, YG06 and YG09 and then BG45, lips are RV10 and the eye is B02????) and went with making her a fairy. And I added some die cut flower to her hair with liquid pearl centers.
The background stamp is by Impression Obsession and I did the paint technique with metallic blue and purple paints.
I've got one more AIR 15 card to share but it deserves it's own blog post.  So I will post that one later this week.
 
Thanks for stopping by and please come again. 


4 comments:

  1. Two great cards. In spite of struggles with the second one...it looks fab. Love the idea of the torn scallops being torn by the wind...works for me!

    Thanks for the kind comments on our house. It was a big move as we had to get rid of so much stuff...but feels good now and I love it to bits. I tend to use the front door (especially when we come home with shopping) as there is only three steps out front and I am struggling with my arthritis. I access the back garden through the stairs inside the house and avoid those steep outside wooden steps though!

    DH is fleet of foot compared to me so he drives round to the garage off the back garden and climbs those stairs! He says he will have a lift installed when he can't manage them anymore!

    The grandkids are so close and it is a delight to have them stop by for surprise visits. They just live a few doors away...around the corner and down into the next block. When I walk them to school, it just takes 3 or 4 minutes to get to their house now! yay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore #1...love the Z-fold and the way you did the waves on the front of the card. You've really captured the feel of the beach with this sunny & happy card. Great work. Loved reading your mis-adventures on #2. It's a very pretty card, and no one would have noticed your mistakes at all! Well done on both fun cards! Stay cool. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous projects Sarah! If you hadn't pointed out your struggles with your second card, we would have never notice. It is still an amazing card so don't be do hard on yourself. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very entertaining, Sarah! First of all, I love your z-fold ocean card! You captured all the elements of the sea and the beach perfectly. Secondly, I love your "jinxed" card! I love all the ways you sensibly made it look like all the mistakes were intentional, even if they weren't! But the bottom line is that it's a great card with excellent coloring! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete