Monday, September 22, 2014

Pumpkin Pie (Project 10)

Happy Fall!!!!  Fall is my favorite season.  Too bad it doesn't feel like fall here in Florida.  Oh, well.  That's why I make so many fall cards. 

10 Projects down - 40 to go before I can buy more stuff. :-) For today's project, I'm posting the card I made for the September kit in an envelope (KIAE) swap over at the new message board I'm hanging out on - Artsy Inkers.  There is a great bunch of stampers over there. 

I think I've explained a KIAE swap before, but if not, or if you've forgotten: you make 2 kits consisting of stuff that will fit in a regular envelope, one to keep and one to send.  Then you make at least one project from your kept kit and one from the kit you received.  For September's swap, the theme was harvest and the twist is that at least one of the projects had to include a recipe.


The kit items are the stamped background paper, the recipe image and the shrinky dink pie.  I stamped the background with Fiskar pumpkin stamps with Versamark ink.  The recipe is a stamp by Impression Obsession and stamped with Hero Arts Just Right shadow ink.  I trimmed down the recipe and mounted it on a snippet of kraft cardstock.  The twine is just tucked under the purple paper, not wrapped around.  Then I used a separate piece to tie the bow.  The orange textured cardstock is from my stash.  The buttons are from My Favorite Things.  And while I love the buttons and the price is great, I now have a lifetime supply of orange buttons.

The shrinky dink was cut with my silhouette and colored with colored pencils before shrinking.  Here's a close up:

I'm going to enter this over at Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 143

Thanks for stopping by and please come again.


6 comments:

  1. I am so loving your little pie charm. Then to read you had done on the Silhouette...wow! You are GOOD with that machine. I'll have to ask some questions about the shrink material, once I manage to get just plain paper settings mastered. This is a wonderful autumn card, and impressive as a card kit. I don't know what a message board is, I'm afraid. But it sounds like fun. And where you'd get lots of info. Agree with you, sometimes in Fla. it's hard to realize the fall & winter holidays are drawing closer. TFS such a pretty card. You created a lovely kit and somebody is going to enjoy receiving that envelope. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sweet Sarah! LOVE the little charm you made, how clever! I looked at the recipe really closely too - must see if I can try it although we don't get pumpkin puree here. BUT, I have a recipe for Thai Pumpkin Custard which is just amazing - if you have several hours to wait for the oven slow cooking that is :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, your blog link shows up fine when I click on your follower photo. So that will make it easy for your readers to get back to you easily. Good Job!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, and I love that cute little charm! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background, I can never resist purple and beautiful pumpkins, it's a gorgeous card, love the shrinky charm.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete